Savory and creamy with the perfect amount of tang, this recipe for Vegan Caesar Dressing is so easy to make and oh so good! It's the perfect blend of vegan mayo, capers, lemon, spices, and a dash of nutritional yeast that will turn boring lettuce into a mouthful of yummy!
It's summer! The season that salad eating gets the most attention! You've got your hot days, your BBQs, and let's not forget those beach weeks. Yet, if you are like me it's salad season all the time. And I love me some caesar dressing to slather on just about any type of lettuce or veggie.
But traditionally, caesar dressing has anchovies and parmesan cheese in the recipe along with egg. So to make it vegan I had to omit those ingredients and focus on what makes the dressing special without the dairy.
To get that classic caesar flavor, I used nutritional yeast in place of the parmesan cheese to get a little cheesy taste and capers in place of anchovies to bring that salty savory component. Then vegan mayo brings it all together, which creates a creamy consistency that is a delight to eat!
You can use this recipe to make a classic caesar salad, condiment for wraps, or as a dip for veggies. It goes on just about anything.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this dressing. Most of them can easily be found in any grocery store.
- Vegan Mayo- Any brand of plant based mayonnaise will work.
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes- This ingredient can be found at places like Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and Sprouts.
- Garlic- Fresh cloves produce the best results.
- Capers- You will find capers near the olives in the grocery store.
- Lemon- Fresh lemon juice is preferable.
- Black Pepper- Use fresh ground black pepper if you have it.
How To Make Vegan Caesar Dressing
This recipe is literally as simple as one, two, three steps to make! Seriously 5 minutes or less. You'll never need to spend money on store bought vegan caesar ever again.
To make the dressing, all you have to do is put all of the ingredients except for the water and black pepper into your food processor or blender and puree to combine. You can also use an immersion blender for this step.
Now, add a few grinds of fresh ground black pepper to finish. Then thin out the dressing by adding about a tablespoon of water, which is what I do. Yet, adding the water will also be dependent upon the vegan mayo that you use and your own personal preference.
You should not need to add any additional salt to the dressing. Both the vegan mayo and capers are full of salt.
How To Store
The caesar dressing will keep in the fridge for about a week. You can also freeze the dressing for up to 6 months, but there is a chance it will seperate. If that does happen all you have to do is add a little more mayo and whisk it all back together to emulsify.
This recipe for Vegan Caesar Dressing is amazing because it's....
- Addictively good
- Savory and creamy
- As good as the real thing
- Quick and easy to make
If you try this recipe please let me know how it turns out by leaving a comment and rating. You can also hashtag #danceswithknives with a photo of your creation on Instagram where you can find me @dances_with_knives.
More Vegan Sauce Recipes
If you would like to stay up to date with my latest recipes please subscribe to my email list.
Vegan Caesar Dressing (5 Minute Recipe!)
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon caper juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients except the water and fresh ground black pepper into the bowl of a food processor and puree. You can also use a blender or an immersion blender.
- Add the water if you want a thinner consistency.
- To finish, add a few grinds of fresh ground black pepper.
- Use to make your favorite version of a caesar salad or as a dip!